Starbucks today launched its “Mobile Order & Pay” feature in Portland, Oregon, which allows customers to place an order on their iPhones with the Starbucks app and schedule it for a pick up, reports WIRED. The feature requires that users accept a one-time Location Services prompt in order to identify the nearest location accepting Mobile Order & Pay, and uses a customer’s connected Starbucks card to pay for purchases.
1. Click on the “Order” option at the top right of the screen
2. Select the food and beverage items to order: Just as in-stores, beverages are customizable, including the option to modify size, number of espresso shots, dairy selections and more.
3. Select the participating store for pick up: Approximate wait times will be viewable on the customer’s phone prior to selecting store location. Directions will also be available if needed.
4. Confirm by clicking “order:” At the time of order, payment is made from the customer’s registered Starbucks Card.
5. Proceed to the selected Starbucks® store to pick up food and beverages: Orders are immediately sent to the selected store where Starbucks partners (baristas) will begin preparing the items.
Starbucks plans to roll out the feature to more cities in the coming months and expects to complete a national rollout next year. The move could end up being a significant one for the company, as CEO Howard Schultz recently announced that 7 million of its 47 million weekly transactions are made with phones. Starbucks also notes that Mobile Order & Pay will be rolled out to its Android app next year.